The MNH team continues to progress towards our goal for zero landfill in ALL locations.
We do this via stringent raw material segregation, recycling and through sourcing alternative secondary uses for bulk materials that do not fit traditional recycling waste streams.
Through a combination of packaging re-engineering, rotable products and effective reverse logistics we have already achieved zero landfill in several locations.
Here's a few examples of waste that we divert from landfill:
- Cardboard waste to cardboard boxes
- Plastic bottles to picnic tables
- Headset sponges to equestrian rubber flooring
- Magazines to loft insulation
- Fabrics to car insulation, roofing felts and furniture padding
- Copper (from Headsets) to electrical equipment
We would always recommend airlines source rotable products wherever possible - it's a win win in terms of financials and the environment!
Contact us for more information about the pioneering sustainable initiatives our teams are involved in worldwide. Here's our 4 pillars of environmental responsibility explained.