As we came out of the pandemic, MNH were engaged to work with WestJet on new port start ups experiencing high inventory levels and costs across their vast network, which included numerous new outstations.
ROTIX® data links were established to all working stock locations and stakeholders to enable real-time reporting of stock holding, issues, deliveries and consumption. Introduction of an ePOD (electronic proof of delivery) policy to drive efficiencies in daily airport deliveries and returns and automatically reconcile monthly invoices and cost centres before sign off. Improved operational consumption data fed back to improve stock forecasting process.
ROTIX® can analyse consumption and usage ensuring the optimum inventory is forecast, ordered and called off. This reduces costs in the form of waste, over consumption and excess stock holdings.
- Cost to serve reduced by 9.8% for all rotable stock from process and policy improvements.
- Inventory savings +$1.1m via improved operational data to aid demand planning.
- Successful new route launches supported by robust and cost-effective on-going processes.
- Live dashboard reporting to enable Inflight team to direct activities and manage budgets.
- Managed category service levels with early issue identification going forward.
"As we continue our development the need to set up and manage a global network would not have been possible internally without significant additional resources. MNH provides us with an alternative – a single specialist point of contact to manage all stakeholders across our network from start-up to ongoing BAU management."
Simon Soni, Director - Catering Services, Westjet
For more information read our Westjet ROTIX® Port Start Up; ROTIX® Case Study.